By a Staff Reporter: The Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Dr. M Ampareen Lyngdoh, visited the under-construction STEMS Bus shed at Malki Point on the 13th of September 2023. The project is being funded by Plannng Department and is being executed by the PWD, with a component contribution of the MLA scheme.
This is intervention is a part of an effort to improve the public transportation infrastructure.
The Bus Shed is expected to bring numerous advantages to the community, including:
• Providing shelter from various weather conditions such as rain and extreme heat
• Making waiting for a bus more comfortable and convenient for passengers
• Ensuring the safety of passengers by keeping them away from the road and traffic
• Ensuring accessibility to individuals with disabilities, promoting inclusivity
• Making public transportation available to all members of the community, improving overall mobility
. Accommodate & house hawkers currently engaged around the bus stop
. Proving well lit bus stop with drinking water facility
Overall, this project seems to be a valuable addition to the area, addressing the needs of the community and enhancing the public transportation infrastructure.